Monday, February 12, 2018

Review: The Artisan Soda Workshop: 75 Homemade Recipes from Fountain Classics to Rhubarb Basil, Sea Salt Lime, Cold-Brew Coffee and Much Much More

The Artisan Soda Workshop: 75 Homemade Recipes from Fountain Classics to Rhubarb Basil, Sea Salt Lime, Cold-Brew Coffee and Much Much More The Artisan Soda Workshop: 75 Homemade Recipes from Fountain Classics to Rhubarb Basil, Sea Salt Lime, Cold-Brew Coffee and Much Much More by Andrea Lynn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Melissa's Musings:
This is another book that's been sitting on my shelves for 5 years.

It's an excellent collection of soda syrup recipes. The book is sectioned off into different types of syrups. It is well laid out with very nice photography to accompany the recipes.

I appreciated that the author provided some of the history of soda, as well as some alternative uses for recipe ingredients/the soda syrup, if you don't actually want to use it to make soda. I'm surprised that the only tea recipe was for a green tea syrup. I'd be interested in using these in alcoholic beverages to give them interesting twists.

This year I've really cut down my soda consumption. I used to drink a soda per day, sometimes more (bad, I know!) but now I've cut that down to having soda on Fridays and Saturdays only. Are you a big soda drinker? What flavor combination do you think would make a good syrup?


No comments: